Air conditioners don’t last for a lifetime, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Tempe, you could be considering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are some aspects to think over, as well as the perks of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer before making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can typically hold on it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you installing? A lot of homeowners are replacing their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This conserves energy and maximizes comfort by working at varying speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to get the total comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the right amount of air to keep your residence comfortable. A modern air conditioner might call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Bob Brown Service Experts, can determine that static pressure of your system and make the right suggestion.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your pocketbook if you replace both components together.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are adequately sized, there aren’t usually any large imminent outcomes. A mismatched setup is often not permanent until the other system fails. You can skip the temporary fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything works at the highest efficiency, making your home cozier and lowering your yearly utility costs.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you install a new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might stop working for good. In the meantime, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for a new furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can save on labor by having both installed during the same appointment. And you might even be authorized for an exclusive deal since you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can depend on Bob Brown Service Experts. We realize the cost of replacing your complete system may stress you out, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special coupons or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and just one reasonable monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are included!*
Rest assured that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job well done. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 623-243-4517 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.