Building a new home? Upgrading your present equipment? Whatever the reason why you’re in the market for an air conditioner, you could shortly realize you have more choices than you first thought. Use this information to help you measure four different solutions so you can find the right air conditioner in Tempe.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what most people call to mind when they imagine air conditioning for the complete home. Central air conditioning sends air to every room with a system of ducts and registers.
This could be ideal for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- You currently have a furnace or air handler.
- You want nearly silent, convenient operation.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In hot weather, heat pumps operate just like central air conditioners. Some models can also offer heat in the winter.
This might be good for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- Your home is in an area with warmer weather during the winter.
- You’re seeking a single piece of equipment for all-season heating and cooling, as opposed to a traditional furnace and air conditioner.
- Your home doesn’t use (or you don’t want) natural or propane gas.
- You’re looking for nearly silent, energy-efficient home comfort.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground beneath your feet hovers at an even 55 degrees all year round. A geothermal heat pump draws on this continuous source of energy with underground loops for fantastic heating and cooling efficiency.
This might be right for you if:
- Your home utilizes ductwork.
- You’re looking for a lone piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have ample land around your home for the subterranean loops.
This is a second type of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit links to an interior blower unit mounted to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t need any ductwork and keeps your windows shut.
This could be good for you if:
- Your home, or a new expansion to it, doesn’t come with ductwork.
- You want an energy-efficient method for heating and cooling individual spaces.
- You’re looking to add zoning to your house.
Not sure which style of air conditioner you should buy? Rely on the Experts at Bob Brown Service Experts for all things air conditioning! We can go over your options and help you choose the ideal one for your family. Please contact us at 623-243-4517 to request an air conditioning replacement estimate today.