Planning yearly AC maintenance is useful.
Service keeps your air conditioning system in Tempe operating at peak performance while keeping energy usage small. It also could even help lengthen its life cycle.
While there are several things you can do alone, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Bob Brown Service Experts, for AC inspections and maintenance.
Here are a couple steps you can take alone as you prepare for cooling season.
Get Your AC Maintenance Booked
Spring is a period of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a big dose of house, garage and yard sprucing. With the hotter weather approaching, it’s also a good idea to include AC upkeep on that list.
Spring is a great season to get your AC equipment scrubbed and checked out. Delaying to switch it on until the first sweltering day of the summer can be dicey. If you have to schedule service or replacement, you could be waiting a long time for a technician. And that might get awfully unbearable.
And for people with allergies, being well prepared with a clean air conditioning system will help provide the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Also, cooling upkeep can be a requirement for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Complete Maintenance Alone?
There are steps that you can complete to help keep your cooling unit in the best condition:
- Put in a new air filter. Clogged filters restrict airflow and could reduce your system’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the type of filter you have, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is especially important if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have pets in your home.
- Lawn work near the outdoor condenser. Check there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes by your AC system. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of clear space. You should also clear any leaves or branches that have fallen into your equipment, as this may block airflow.
Let the Professionals Manage the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you call Bob Brown Service Experts at 623-243-4517, the first thing we could do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already completed. Then we’ll begin the finer details. We’ll examine your unit and make sure it’s running correctly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to deliver secure comfort.
- Oiling to keep moving pieces working like they should and potentially stay clear of problems.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-causing mold and clogs.
- Straightening coil fins to stop limited airflow.
- Cleansing the outdoor coil to get rid of any accumulation from dirt and grass.
- Inspecting controls to double check your system is turning on, operating and turning off properly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to establish your unit has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we discover issues that need extra service, we are set to give you the most reasonable option. Uncovering possible issues in a timely manner can solve more expensive problems later. This also offers you time to strategize if your equipment is getting older.
When you are seeking a modern AC system, our Experts will work with you to select the best equipment for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new unit work for your budget. Whatever your AC needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts have you covered.
Need to book your checkup? Give us a call at 623-243-4517 or schedule an appointment online right away.