Spring is great for many reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open windows for crisp air and your utility bill is often at its most economical. That’s because you’re not turning on your heating or air conditioner.
But as mercury begins to climb, so do your energy charges. Here are some ideas for saving energy in Tempe and keeping bills down.
1. Call for Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a yearly maintenance visit can help it operate more efficiently and cut down costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep energy bills down.
If your air conditioning equipment has seen better days, spring is a good time to upgrade it. The energy-saving options in newer air conditioning systems is a big plus in keeping your power expenses down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on HVAC bills. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Learning how to expertly work your thermostat is the best way to cut down on energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Consider it this way, the lower the difference between exterior temperatures and inside temperatures, the less expensive your home comfort bill will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or switch it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty residence.
3. Try Other Approaches to Cool Your House
You can try a few other approaches to help keep your house at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which forces cool air upward. This distributes cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny spaces.
4. Look Into Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and immediately realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats learn your schedule and move the temp when you’re out to help you save energy and money. You can also adjust the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These pro ideas will all help keep summer energy charges economical. If you figure out it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, give us a call at 623-243-4517 or contact us online. We’ll help you choose the correct fit for your home. And as usual, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.